ADF4351 SPI interference.(Red-Pitaya Master Mode)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Aufgrund technischer Veränderungen ist der Mailverkehr innerhalb des Forums (Private Nachrichten) nur noch eingeschränkt möglich. Die Einschränkung ist notwendig, um zusätzliche Betriebskosten für das Forum zu vermeiden. Näheres zu den Hintergründen im Thread "Aktuelles zum Forum".Wir bitten um Verständnis.

Hinweis kann nach Kenntnisnahme deaktiviert werden!

• ADF4351 SPI interference.(Red-Pitaya Master Mode)

Hello everyone, I hope everyone doing great!
      Currently, I am doing a project which is associated with the device ADF4351. The EVAL board ADF4351 is for generating the frequency as a carrier. I have able to generate the frequency by using ADF435x control software tool.
      However, the main goal is not to use the ADF435x controller tool to set frequency rather than using the SPI interference to write the values of the resistors for the synthesizer to implement the frequency. I have an FPGA processor board in master mode and ADF4351 as a slave mode. I have written ac program code for this work.
      The master board has MOSI, MISO, CS, and Clock interference pin and the current connection like the following:
      SPI_CLK to CLK; SPI_MOSI to DATA; SPI_CS to CE and NO LE pin is inserted. Is my connection right or wrong? If wrong what I have to do in order to make it right?
      On the other hand, I have defined an array for resistors value (HEXA-Decimal) to write on the synthesizer but how the ADF4351 actually takes the value? I have read the datasheet but I really don't get the total idea. As far as I understand I really need a LE interference to ADF4351 board and it does need to put logic 'LOW' when writing and the make it logic 'High' after writing is done.
      I am very new on SPI or any other communication interference, hence, I am really seeking help on this. Any kind of suggestions would be very much appreciated.
      Thank you in advance.
    • Hallo atiqhsb,

welcome to the finest Bascomforum ever. Have you already taken a look to our projects-forum. (see the link) There you can see in Post#3 how to connect a ADF4351-module.

ADF4351 Frequency Syntheziser, Frequenzeinstellung via Bascom

But I'am sorry, I think only a few user will work with the Red-Pitaya and its FPGA, so you have to take a look how the SPI will work, if this SPI-functionality is unknown.

The last you can see e.g. in the Atmega2560 data sheet from page 190 following.

ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en…1-2560-2561_datasheet.pdf